Updated my trade list on RPGGeek. Make me an offer. Cash accepted as well.
If you happen to be in the Metro Detroit Area and missed out on the OGRE Kickstarter you might want to check this out:
More posts and interviews next month!
Just noticed that the latest GURPS release is "Disasters: Hurricanes" and I think we're ever closer to the full sourcebook for GURPS Cucumber yet.
(And yes, I have seen this: http://moelane.com/2017/12/12/survival-cucumber-tl-11-gurps-4e/)
5) Is it essentially D&D? If so then it gets chucked.
6) Does it try to use the number of faces on the die in some clever way (eg: your stats are a dX). Chucked. I really don't like that mechanic, save for Tri Stat.
7) Is it a licensed property that I like, and are the chances of it being reprinted vanishingly small? If so, keep.
8) Is there something that this game does remarkably well? Keep.
9) Is this by a publisher that i hope gets their shit together. Keep (Looking at you, Green Ronin)
Went through and deleted a bunch of PDFs off of my HDD that were of RPG systems and settings that I have no intention of playing or reading. Part of the criteria was the following:
1) Does it have a non-open license? If so then it's more likely to get chucked.
2) Was it released by someone who later turned out to be an asshat? If so then it gets chucked.
3) Is it a classic game? If so then there's a higher chance of it sticking around.
4) Is it by someone that I admire? If so then it stays.
I think that The Starlost would make an excellent RPG, in part because it already feels like a slightly-off laserdisc / FMV game
Five or So Questions on The Last Stand of the Dream Guard – Thoughty http://briebeau.com/thoughty/2020/01/five-or-so-questions-on-the-last-stand-of-the-dream-guard/
Really informative breakdown of how After the War, a kickstarted RPG, ended up with a budget shortfall despite an apparently successful campaign. And good on Jason for making sure everybody (but him, sadly) still got paid above market rate. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/Jagash/after-the-war
A Mastodon instance for tabletop gamers.